Simon Lewis, Head of Crisis Response, British Red Cross said:
“We are extremely grateful to be receiving another 105 Land Rover vehicles which will mean we are able to reach more people through our programmes than possible before. During this unprecedented time, our priority is supporting the most vulnerable people. Through our local teams, we are reaching those who are self-isolating to make sure they do not face this crisis alone. We’re using these vehicles to provide practical support, for example delivering regular food and medical supplies and providing patient transport to help people get to and from urgent hospital appointments.”
South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust Chief Executive Glen Burley said:
“We are extremely grateful to Jaguar Land Rover for their kind donation of visors to aid our frontline staff in the fight against COVID-19. The innovation from their designers and engineers is helping the NHS to keep our staff safe and protected, while they provide care to our patients.”
Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle loans in detail:
Jaguar Land Rover engineering and community efforts globally:
- UK – 210 (164 to British Red Cross, 46 to other frontline services)
- Spain – 18 to Spanish Red Cross
- Australia – 28 to Australian Red Cross
- South Africa – 11 to South African Red Cross
- Brazil – 7 to Brazilian Red Cross
- Canada – 2 to support local charity in delivering personal protective equipment
- Italy – 5 to Italian Red Cross
- The Netherlands – 3 to Dutch Red Cross
- Russia – 21 to LIZA Alert Foundation
- Germany – 4 to local charities Tafel Niederberg and Tafel Offenbach delivering food and medical supplies
- Belgium and Belux – 3 to Food Bank of Brussels-Brabant and Solidarité Grands Froids
- We have offered our research and engineering expertise, as well as digital engineering and design, printing of 3D models and prototypes, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science support
- We are working closely with the UK government to provide our support and expertise in these unprecedented times. We have formally registered in response to the government’s call to action for business support in combating the impact of coronavirus in the UK
- Personal protective equipment has been donated to NHS trusts including wraparound safety glasses to hospitals across the UK to protect health professional on the frontline
- Jaguar Land Rover supports thousands of our employees with volunteering as part of our responsible business strategy. Where possible, we are encouraging our employees to get involved with national and local community efforts to support the vulnerable and in need, including the NHS call for volunteer responders in the UK
- Jaguar Land Rover China and Chery JLR were one of the first automotive companies to make a significant donation to the Hubei Charity Federation. The funds were used to procure urgently needed medical and living materials for medical personnel, volunteers and residents in Wuhan and other severely affected regions of Hubei Province. A further donation will go to children whose families are suffering poverty due to Covid-19
- Jaguar Land Rover China was the first automotive company in China to focus on youth epidemic prevention education. Jaguar Land Rover China and China Soong Ching Ling Foundation [CSCLF] will jointly launch a new programme focusing on the construction of epidemic prevention facilities, youth epidemic prevention education and youth counselling, to further raise the overall awareness of and capabilities in epidemic diseases prevention and control among children and youths in severely affected regions of China
Land Rover and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Jaguar Land Rover Slovakia has donated hundreds of masks and protective clothing to two major hospitals in Nitra – the Special Hospital of St Svorad which has a focus on respiratory diseases and the central Nitra Faculty Hospital
- Worked together for over 65 years, helping communities prepare and respond to emergencies with disaster-preparedness projects around the world.
- Through its partnership with the British Red Cross, Land Rover has also helped fund emergency relief efforts through the Disaster Relief Alliance, which supports community resilience programmes in the UK and around the world, providing financial assistance immediately when disaster hits – including coronavirus. The British Red Cross has already given £200,000 to support Asian countries severely affected by the pandemic
StreetGames harnesses the power of sport to create positive change in the lives of disadvantaged young people right across the UK. StreetGames' work helps to make young people and their communities healthier, safer and more successful
About Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands: Land Rover, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles; and Jaguar, one of the world’s premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are driven by a desire to deliver class-leading vehicles, which will provide experiences our customers will love, for life. Our products are in demand around the globe. In 2019 Jaguar Land Rover sold 557,706 vehicles in 127 countries.
We support around 260,000 people through our retailer network, suppliers and local businesses. At heart we are a British company, with two major design and engineering sites, three vehicle manufacturing facilities, an Engine Manufacturing Centre and soon to be opened Battery Assembly Centre. We also have vehicle plants in China, Brazil, India, Austria and Slovakia. We have seven technology hubs. In the UK these are based in Manchester, Warwick (NAIC) and London. Globally these are located in Shannon, Ireland, Portland, USA, Budapest, Hungary and Changshu, China.
We have a portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid vehicles as well as continuing to offer the latest diesel and petrol engines. All new Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle models offer the option of electrification, giving our customers even more choice.
For more information visit https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/